Take a journey through Spain, Russia, Italy and New Zealand at the third annual Bistro Savoir Interactif. Chef Jean Vendeville and Savannah Technical College chef instructors will be leading a special cooking experience where you can pick up the tricks of the professional’s first-hand.
You must be wondering – What’s on the menu?
- Pamper yourself with the perfect pairings in Spain. Smoked duck and smoked vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered figs await you.
- In Russia, you will craft the delectable blini for caviar.
- Head over to Italy to indulge in gnocchi for a tasty mushroom sauce.
- Try something new in New Zealand! Stir up a kiwi/mango chutney for lamb.
Not only will you taste these one-of-a-kind creations, but you will sip some of the finest sherry wines. Chef Jean will offer his wisdom on the wine pairings, and by the end of the night, you’ll begin to feel like an expert yourself.
Sherry wines featured:
- Rias Biaxas Raimat Albarino
- Rioja Torres Ibericos Crianza
- Amontillado Sherry
- Pedro Ximenez Sherry
- Palo Cortado Sherry
A special event such as this draws in the curious, the foodie and wine lovers, and those who appreciate the art of culinary practices. Bistro Savoir Interactif, presented in partnership with Savannah Food & Wine Festival, is proud to announce 100% of proceeds will benefit the Patrick Ansley Williams Memorial Scholarship Fund at Savannah Technical College.
This fund exists to support and provide assistance in tuition, books, and fees to five Savannah Technical College students. Each $1,000 scholarship is presented to students with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and a passion and interest in culinary or hospitality.
The Bistro Savoir Interactif will begin at 5:45 PM on Thursday, September 15, 2016 in the Eckburg Auditorium (5717 White Bluff Road). Tickets can be purchased here for $100 per person benefitting the Patrick Ansley Williams Memorial Scholarship Fund. Seating is limited to 100 attendees – don’t wait!