This year’s Celebrity Chef Tour, presented by the James Beard Foundation, features a record seven James Beard Foundation award-winning and/or nominated guest celebrity chefs participating. Four of the nationally acclaimed chefs were either born and raised in New Orleans or began their culinary careers there. Guests are in for a NOLA twist, celebrity camaraderie and homegrown, Savannah native foods at this premier event.
Not only are we bringing new culinary talent, but we’re also bringing you a brand new atmosphere. Cohen’s Retreat will serve as both an intimate and exquisite location as it takes the shape of a haven for creativity. Artists fill the historic halls with coastal treasures and the dining experience features inspired cuisine in beautifully themed artisan private dining rooms and alcoves.
So, who’s who? We’re glad you asked.
The seven guest celebrity chefs (all James Beard Foundation award-winning or nominated) chefs include:
- John Currence – City Grocery Restaurant Group, Oxford, MS
- Sue Zemanick – Ivy Restaurant and Gautreau’s Restaurant, New Orleans, LA
- Ryan Prewitt – Pêche Seafood Grill, New Orleans, LA
- Kelly English – Restaurant Iris and The Second Line, Memphis, TN
- Michael Ginor – Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Ferndale, NY
- Michael Sullivan – Creekstone Farms, Arkansas City, KS
- Lionel Vatinet – La Farm Bakery, Cary, NC
- Rob Britton, Host Chef – Cohen’s Retreat, Savannah, GA
- Lauren Teague – Atlantic, Savannah, GA (opening in October 2016)
- Jean-Yves Vendeville – Culinary Institute at Savannah Technical College, Savannah, GA
- Dusty Grove – PACCI Italian Kitchen + Bar, Savannah, GA
You can read more about the talent here.
In addition to an unbelievable lineup of talent, several renowned winemakers, Master Sommeliers and more will be participating and announced soon. These headliners have ultimately raised the bar for the Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner expectations. Come see for yourself what all the buzz is about. You’ll be raising your glass with celebrities before you know it.
Celebrity Chef Tour tickets can be purchased at www.savannahfoodandwinefest.com for $185 per person; save on two tickets for $325 or four tickets for $600. New VIP table sponsorship opportunities are available for purchase this year, which include a chance to rub elbows with some of the best chefs and winemakers in the business during a VIP meet and greet reception, as well as sponsor recognition at the dinner. For more information on VIP table sponsor tickets, contact Ron Scalf at 912-944-7041.